Is your home ready for fall? You may think so, but there are several home maintenance projects that many of us miss (or skip) to our detriment. In this blog, I will reveal the U.P. Home Inspection LLC. Fall Home Maintenance Checklist – our super easy guide to ensure your home is ready for the colder days ahead.
Why Is Home Maintenance Important?
Keeping your home ready for the four seasons is essential everywhere in Michigan – but in the U.P., it could be the difference between cozy Sunday afternoons spent with the family and time wasted chasing down elusive contractors. Not to mention the money you’ll save by keeping up with maintenance before big problems arise!
Our weather can change on a dime, with one day feeling like summer and the next riddled with snow. If you’re putting off your fall home maintenance, consider this as your reminder to add it to your list this weekend. It won’t take long, and once it’s done you can sit back and relax for the rest of the fall season!
Home Maintenance: The Key to Boosting Your ROI
Home is where the heart is, but home is also where your savings reside. Many of us plan on using the appreciating value of our homes to fund our retirement, and if you’ve taken a look at the UP real estate market, you know there’s money to be made once it’s time to sell.
But if you don’t stay on top of minor home maintenance as the seasons change, you could be leaving money on the table. Small issues like clogged gutters can easily become nightmares if they aren’t maintained regularly over the years.
Fall Home Maintenance Checklist: Your Guide to Protecting Your Investment and Family
If home maintenance stresses you out, don’t worry. Getting ready for fall is easier than you’re probably imagining! For most people, fall maintenance only takes a weekend or two to complete. Look below for our super simple home maintenance checklist that will help safeguard your home as we transition from summer into fall.
More Information About Our Fall Home Maintenance Checklist
Our easy-to-use Fall Home Maintenance Checklist is a great way to make sure you’ve done everything you can to prepare your home for the inevitable change of seasons. After all, the worst time of year to discover problems with your home is winter when it may be either too cold, snowy, or expensive to fix them right away.
To dig a little deeper into each of these essential fall maintenance tasks, please review the following resources:
- To learn more about how tree hazards can contribute to leaks, fires, and more in your home, please read my blog, Tree Hazards: Fire, Leaks, and More.
- For information about chimney safety and maintenance, please read my blog, Is Your Chimney a Hazard?
- For a free downloadable smoke alarm safety sheet and tips on maintaining smoke alarms, please visit the National Fire Protection Association’s website.
- Don’t Forget Fall Gutter Maintenance! – this blog is a perfect guide for keeping your gutters clear and flowing like a champ.
- For my best tips on Heating Maintenance in the U.P., please read my blog by clicking HERE.
- To learn how to drain pipes to avoid freezing (beneficial for camps and cabins), please watch the video below:
Schedule Your Home Inspection Today
With this handy checklist, you are now prepared to protect your home from damage and unexpected problems this fall.
To definitively verify that your home is safe against the elements, schedule a home inspection today – don’t wait. It’s only getting colder!