Munising, MI Home Inspection Services
The Munising, MI realty market features a suburban feel at affordable prices and a tight-knit community’s comfort. Hailed as “the gateway to Pictured Rocks National Lakeshore,” Munising, MI is situated smack dab in the middle of some of the most beautiful rock formations, waterfalls, rivers, and beaches in the entire country.
Investing in a Munising property is an excellent idea, whether it be a vacation rental business, retirement home, or a nice place to settle down and start a family.
But before you start planning your purchase, the first thing you need to do is schedule a home inspection—and we’re here to help you check that task off your list.
U.P. Home Inspection LLC is here seven days a week to get the ball rolling on your property buying experience. We proudly offer comprehensive home buyer’s inspections, home seller’s inspections, home maintenance inspections, or home re-inspections if need be.
We are also certified to perform commercial property inspections in Munising, MI!
What Does Your Munising, MI Property Inspection Include?
You can count on your U.P. Home Inspector to provide an all-inclusive examination of the significant structural and operational aspects of your property. Our home inspection services are comprehensive, including but not limited to roofing, drainage, windows, exterior doors and garage doors, basements and crawlspaces, electrical security and safety, heating systems, radiators, plumbing, and so much more!
And, you will love the ease of use our home inspection reports provide. While we are known for having the most comprehensive reporting system in the Upper Peninsula, our fully searchable digital format makes reading it a breeze!
Outside Home Inspection Points
· Exterior walls, siding, and covering
· Roofing trim and flashing
· Driveways, walkways, and paths
Window and Door Inspection Points
· Exterior doors
· Garage doors
· Garage door sensors
Foundation, Basement, and Crawlspace Inspection Points
· Crawl spaces and basements
· Foundation inspection
· Structural inspection
· Water intrusion inspection
Electrical Inspection Points
· Power switches
· Utility meter check
· Electrical security and safety
HVAC Inspection Points
· Heating system
· Cooling system
Plumbing Inspection Points
· Water heating system
· Drain inspection
· Interior water supply
· Water shutoff valve
· Sump pumps
Let’s look at some special considerations to keep in mind when buying or selling a home in Munising:
Because we’re located right here in the Upper Peninsula, we have an excellent handle on particular situations that may arise in your Munising home inspection.
- Radon—Properties in the Munising area have been known to be at risk level 2 for radon. We suggest you ask your Munising home inspector to add a radon test to your inspection to check for unsafe radon exposure levels on your property.
- Aging Homes—Many of the properties in Munising were built in the 1960s and 1970s. Because of this, it’s not uncommon to find electrical issues and aging plumbing systems in this area of the U.P.
- Asbestos—We’ve found quite a bit of asbestos siding in Munising and will be sure to check for that on your property, too.
- Crumbling Foundations—If your property is situated near the beach or on a bluff, you may run into foundational strength issues.
Schedule your Home INspection Today
Ready to book your home inspection and/or testing services? We're here to help!
Questions? Shoot us a ring at (906) 360-3879.